Nearly 37,000 performing artists have chosen to join the SPEDIDAM.
The fact that a performer has registered a recording or received royalties does not necessarily mean they are an associate of the SPEDIDAM.
Joining SPEDIDAM allows you to benefit from:
- increased protection of intellectual property rights, notably regarding secondary uses and ‘illicit’ recordings
- more comprehensive management of these rights in comparison to a non-member, in particular to receive additional remuneration from abroad
- a personalised and secure access to your ‘Artist account’ on the SPEDIDAM’s website which provides members with the details of their allocations, the distribution rules, the information communicated at each general assembly
- personalised advice provided by SPEDIDAM’s legal department.
Spedidam membership enables the member to:
- play an active role in SPEDIDAM’s functioning, notably by attending general meetings and electing members of the Board of Directors
- make your voice heard during debates in the society and strengthen SPEDIDAM’s actions
1 How to become an associate? – Step 1
Fill in the membership application form online and attach:
- a document justifying your professional activity as a performer (pay slip, proof of payment of Congés Spectacles, etc.)
- elements proving your participation in a recording published for commercial purposes or to a broadcasted performance (SPEDIDAM recording session form along with either a pay slip or a recording contract, or the record jacket and leaflet mentioning your name corresponding to the record or video commercialised)
- an IBAN number from your bank • a recent ID photograph
- any other document you may find useful for evaluating your application
Fill in the optional form for limitation of contribution, if applicable
2 How to become an associate? – Step 2
Receive a confirmation email with your pre-filled application form in PDF format and, if applicable, the optional contribution limitation form
3 How to become an associate? – Step 3
Print and sign the pre-filled membership application in duplicate and send both copies to SPEDIDAM, along with the optional form if applicable, and a cheque payable to SPEDIDAM for 16 €, corresponding to the amount of the share.
Membership agreement PDF Optional declaration PDF